HEARTLAND SPRINGS : WE SEEK COMMISSIONED SALES AGENTS
A. WE SEEK AGENTS TO BEGIN COLD-CALLING BY PHONE &
COLD-CALLING TO POTENTIAL CLIENTS’ HOMES
1. We seek to source, several people to cold-call customers by phone for potential Heartland Springs water sales (either via delivery to the new customers home each fortnight - or by customer collecting the water from Heartland Springs back gate at least each month)…both new customers to agree to sign a 12 month minimum purchase contract with automatic monthly payments included as part of this contract.
The sales agent is to become a person who believes quality drinking water is important...and who can do each of these with prospective customers:
- ENGAGE = fun, challenging enquiring attitude --- aim being to get prospective customer engaged in communication and talk.
- ASK = after engagement (which can be in any topic) ....then need to quickly move to ask relevant QUESTIONS ... e.g. 'will you try sample of our water?'...'where is water you drink sourced from now?'...does your present water have silica in it?' ... 'do you know what use is silica is in drinking water? ...'maybe you would like our web site address?' ...here, please take our brochure?'... 'did you know tap water includes re-constituted sewerage?' etc etc etc
- CLOSE = ask for an order-sale...do not expect it to be offered. We have to ask and re-ask, 'will you buy?'...'when can we deliver?' 'what day is best for your delivery day? etc
Price is what you pay for something.
Value is what you receive.
They cold-call phone agent would be paid on a commission success fee basis. Our guesstimates of what a person might earn in a week or a year in this document are simply guesses, and Heartland Springs is not responsible if any are not achieved. All potential agents should do or seek their own independent advises before agreeing to this contract.
Such agents are to be called herein success fee phone agents.
2. We seek success fee phone agents to each work part time on this project, and would anticipate each contributing about a minimum of 5 hours per week (hopefully more) being a min average of 1 hour 5 days a week. Any person can work as many more hours as they decide, but we seek a minimum weekly hour agreement. W seek to train each success fee phone agent.
3. We also seek to secure, more people to cold-call premises in person (home, businesses, clubs, churches, sports groups).They would be paid on a different commission success fee basis.
These are called herein success fee home-visit agents.
4. We seek success fee home-visit agents to each work part time on this project, and would anticipate each contributing about a minimum of 10 hours per week (hopefully more) being a min average of 2 hours 5 days a week - or 5 hours each day of a weekend. Any person can work as many more hours as they decide, but we seek a minimum weekly hour agreement. We seek to train each success fee home-visit agents.
In addition to the cold call by home visit agents, they will also be delivering to letter box(if no one home) or by person a brochure to all homes called on, and having with them a small sample bottle of our spring water to give away. They might see if home owner will compare taste of water from their tap and the Heartland Springs water. The commission to home visit agents is higher than phone call agents.
5. These people will each become ‘registered’ cold call agents, and the registration process will happen after an initial short training period, during which each potential agent is to read and view all matters set out on the Heartland Springs web site, and then answer any questions asked of them by Heartland Springs. After they have also answered correctly 70% of 20 questions to be put to them after their reading/training process by Heartland Springs- they become registered success fee agents.
Registration should be able to be fully completed within a week by any person diligently applying themselves to read and view all on the Heartland Springs web site.
We seek to arrange each category of registered cold call agents into sub groups of 5 people per sub group, one of these 5 people in each sub group being a team leader.
This will enable each person in a sub group to become mutually supportive of each other.
6. All cold call agents will be required to enter every call they make into an electronic log, with a very brief description of outcome of call, so we can ascertain what area have been covered and what are still to cover.
7. The team leader being also able to cold call in line with each category, on the same basis set out herein.
Each team leader will also be paid an additional success fee per new client (new clients being as defined herein) for all new clients they and/or their team secure on the basis set out herein. This is an extra per new customer, over and above what we pay to each cold call agent’s successes as defined herein. Commission is payable half on on the 20th day one month after the month the new customer is signed up, and the other half the following month.
This is to remunerate team leaders for their added responsibility, which includes enthusing and managing a sub group of 5 agents, and to replace team members as this need arises; and being responsible to ensure all in team are well versed in what is expected and required and of them and to ensure all recording systems required by Heartland Springs for each cold call, are being regularly updated.
Team leaders will also be involved in maximizing opportunity for sales to new customers to take place wherever practical in structured groups. Team leaders may also be involved securing signed contracts by cold call agents within their team. Team leaders will also be required to visit Heartland Farms either each Tuesday at 1pm or at some other mutually agreed time, for a joint meeting relative to the next week’s progress.
8. A person can become a new team leader if they are a registered cold call agent and then if they source themselves 4 others to make up a new team (who each become registered cold call agents), plus they are to source one replacement person who becomes a registered cold call agent for the team (sub group of 5) they are about to leave.
9. We seek to appoint initially one (but later more) Heartland Springs cold call agent Manager. This person will not remain as a team leader (if they were one), but additionally one of their primary roles shall be to oversee and manage all the team leaders in their group; this Manager being also able to cold call him/herself in line with each category, and being paid the success fees for new clients they secure themselves as set out herein.
The Heartland Springs cold call manager will manage 5 team leaders, this being around 25 cold call agents. Once a cold call manager has the maximum of 5 team leaders under his/her group then another manager will be chosen from all team leaders, to become the second cold call manager (with a new team leader being chosen to fill the empty team leader slot), and so on and so forth. The initial cold call manager will remain as cold call manger of their grouping of 5 team leaders.
Out of all cold call mangers one may be chosen to become the new CEO of the overall business, when the initial CEO (David) retires from this role, which he seeks to so do around/by mid 2017. Another out of all cold call mangers may be chosen to become the overall group marketing manager. Each such role will carry with it a small % if total income. While undertaking such new roles, a manager will be able to also retain their original sales role.
Each Heartland Springs cold call manager will also receive an additional success fee for each new customer, as is achieved in their group of 5 team leaders and agents (as defined herein).
The Heartland Springs cold call manager(s) shall have initially some added responsibilities, including to:
· Source a map of the greater Auckland (Tuakau and Pukekohe in the south to Albany and Kumeu un the north), Hamilton, Tauranga and Pokeno to Thames areas, with population divided into approximately sub areas of 25,000 homes. This should be represented by about 25 sub areas of about 25,000 homes in each. These shall become franchisee areas, and will be relevant also for cold calling-which shall initially at least be actioned and concentrated in specific pre-agree sub areas.
· Sourcing, in tandem with team leaders, the cold calling agents, and ensuring they are adequately trained to become registered cold all agents.
· Involved in maximizing opportunity for sales to new customers to take place wherever practical in structured groups.
· Arranging for each cold call agent to identify at beginning of each month if they are phone call of or home call agents, of a mix of both, and to enter such category into our admin system.
· Managing the recording systems to be adopted for each cold call agent and the new customers they generate, and to ensure (as well as team leaders ensuring) all recording systems required by Heartland Springs for each cold call, are being regularly updated
· Managing, via our web site, pages which are password protected, which become the pages for cold call agents…with this becoming in time an interactive system.
· Speaking regularly communicate with cold call agents and with Heartland Springs including about the needs of cold call agents to assist them achieving positive responses. To become the channel whereby cold call agents voices can be heard.
· As a part of the on-going communication to call and chair a weekly meeting at Heartland Farm (initially to be 1pm each Tuesday), relating primarily to the overall sales and marketing of Heartland Springs water, and where other matters of admin and deliveries etc can also be addressed.
· Managing the overall cold calling activity and operations.
· Will manage the signing-up of all new customers, in the case of cold calls by phone this can be actioned for an additional fee paid, by cold call phone agents (via email and phone), or by the manager who may have to call on such new customers (with the cold call phone agent sign-up fee paid in this case to the manager if the manger does this sign up); and in the case of the cold calls by home visits, signing up of new customers is to be actioned at each new customers home by the cold call home agent- which is one reason why this commission to these home call agents is higher.
· In the first 6 months from 31 March 2015, taking overall responsibility for the bottling and delivery of bulk water to clients, with the direct hands on support of David and Wiri. After 6 months it is envisaged a person will be employed for this specific task of bottling, and by then our first franchisees may be under way for delivery.
· Managing the overall payment each month of commissions to cold call agents and team leaders.
10. No commissions shall in any event be due by Heartland Springs within this agreement should the new customer signed up for 12 months cancel the contract within the first 32 days. The customer contract* (see copy on our web page titled contracts) shall entitle each new customer to cancel the contract on or before the 5th day after signing, with no penalty to the customer for such cancellation. This is an extended term to that required in NZ law, for contacts secured by cold calling processes. In some cases we may extend the cancellation entitlement time to 31 days.
Whereby a new customer cancels his or her contract within 32 days, they are to be deleted from having ever been classified as a new customer in terms of any commissions payable to registered agents.
11. Where a new customer is referred to us by existing customers, whereby the commission in those cases is paid to the person referring the new customer no commission is payable to cold call agent. Another example relates to a franchisee securing a new customer, in which case no commissions are payabale to any cold call agent. Cold call agents are to concentrate of sourcing and new customers- by way of cold calls.
12. In the case of new customers obtained by way of cold calls we pay a higher commission per new customer when they are obtained in structured groups of 10 or more per group. It is satisfactory to Heartland Springs (and even encouraged) for a cold call agent or a team leader or the overall cold call Manger to aggregate qualifying homes into structured groups and for any one agent to do this, or for a team leader to do so from a sub group of cold call agents. However the date of determination as to what new customers fit within a structured group (or not) for commission purposes shall be the 30th day of each month, and this shall be determined monthly, with no later back-dating.
13. The structured customer group is defined herein to be: “10 or more 12 month contracted customers, whose separated homes (being by physical home location where the water is to be delivered), are located within a specific circumference, being if one was driving by car non-stop to and past each home in the structured group, then this car trip would take no more than 10 minutes to drive between all 10 homes - in other words these 10 homes in a structured group are in the same general limited area, making delivery of water to these 10 or more homes much more economic. There can be more than 10 homes in structured group. Note, for any new customers who collect water by contract from the Heartland Springs back gate, these new customers are automatically defined herein to be as though they are a part of a structured group for commission calculation purposes”
14. On 30th day of each month the new customers for that month will be listed, and it will be then determined by Heartland Springs, in tandem with team leaders and the overall cold call Manager, as to whether any new customers for that month are part of a structured group or not (being a determination if each or any new customer meets the definition of being part of a structured group for purposes of commission quantum).
15. The outcome regarding structured groups should be determined by point of fact, but in the event of any dispute the decision of Heartland Springs on this point shall be final, but in the event of dispute Heartland Springs shall set out in writing for each affected agent its reason for its decision, and any agent can within 5 days ask in writing for a review of such decision, setting out the reasons it seeks such review. Any review shall be determined by an independent panel comprising equal numbers from each of Heartland Springs and the affected agents.
16. All commission shall be earned by the agent within 5 days of the cash receipt coming in from new customers, as long as such new customer has also already signed up a 12 month contract (and if not, the date is delayed to 5 days after the new 12 month contract is signed), although that said, it is proposed to pay all cold call agents their success fee commissions in the 20th day of the month following new customers being achieved. For purposes of most calculations re new customers the period of determination shall be calendar months.
Should any customers cancel their contract before the 32 day period allowed elsewhere in this contract, then commissions already paid for those customers to any cold call agent will be deducted from the subsequent month’s commission payment.
In the case of cold calling agents to homes, these agents are to be responsible for the signing up of new contracts- and they can call on assistance from the team leader or cold call manager, where they seek same to complete any sign up.
In the case of cold call phone agents, they have 2 options---one is to pass the sign up responsibility to the cold call manger—the other is to proceed to arrange the sign up themselves via emailed copy of contract for signing by new customer and return. Their commission varies determined by the choice of their actions, as set out elsewhere herein.
17. No success fee cold call agents shall have any comeback on Heartland Springs if for any reason whatsoever the new customer that agent has introduced and/or signed up for 12 months, cancels their contract before the 7th month is fulfilled.
18. This contract shall be binding on Heartland Springs and each agent who co-signs such contract for the period to 31 September 2016; and shall terminate on that date, and thereafter Heartland Springs is able to amend or change any terms and conditions and payment systems and quantum, for any future similar contracts.
19. Heartland Springs shall be responsible for marketing the spring water, but it will not expend monies on any TV or newspaper advertising.
Rather Heartland Springs will provide brochures (and supportive written documentation- such as our water analysis) in hard copy and electronic form, which can be delivered or emailed.
Heartland Springs will establish and manage a comprehensive web site, which can be a resource for sales and information. Steps will be taken to try to maximize the search engine ranking for the web site for specific key words. Heartland Springs will also manage a facebook page and be linked to twitter.
Heartland Springs will establish and manage a 0800 free phone call system,
From time to time Heartland Springs will arrange presentations of our spring water either at farmers markets, or schools, sports clubs, churches, marae or other groups. Cold call agents can arrange such assemblies/presentations where someone from Heartland Springs will attend and speak, and the agent so arranging shall then be paid commission for each new customer who signs up to a 12 month contract within 30 days of that event/presentation taking place.
20. All cold call agents and team leaders and the manger of cold call agents are to be self employed; so they are to be contracted/contractors to Heartland Springs, AND NOT employed by Heartland Springs, and a condition of Heartland Springs contracting with each is that each cold call agent and team leader and the manger involved in this project each agree to this structure by way of the signing of this contract--- and thereby each agree to be responsible for their own taxation.
21. We now set out more details about each agent category separately.
B. COLD-CALLING BY PHONE - By success fee phone agents
1. Success Fee Commission
Success fee paid to Heartland Springs telephone agents = $10 per new customer signed up for 12 months* (refer to clause 5 herein, as it might not be cold call phone agent who does actual sign up…but no commission becomes due until sign up is done and actual first months cash is in and as set out elsewhere herein) - if customer is a random person in a random area.
2. Increase phone success fee from $10 to $15 per new customer signed up for 12 months*(refer to clause 5 herein, as it might not be cold call phone agent who does actual sign up…but no commission becomes due until sign up is done and actual first months cash is in and as set out elsewhere herein) - if and only if the new customer is a person/home who is a part of a ‘structured group of 10 or more customers’.
3. To be clear, the first persons/homes contracted in any group by cold call phone contact are at a $10 success fee commission per new customer signed up for 12 months (refer to clause 5 herein, as it might not be cold call phone agent who does actual sign up…but no commission becomes due until sign up is done and actual first months cash is in and as set out elsewhere herein) – but where the new customer is a part of a group of 10 customers in a structured customer group (as defined above) and which satisfy the definition above (no matter who signs the parties who become a structured group) then from that time forth all new homes within that structured group will earn a commission of $15 (not $10) per new customer signed up for 12 months.
4. For further clarity, once an agent has accrued or been paid commissions on the basis set out in clause B 1-3 above, then there shall thereafter be no additional payment (except for as set out in clause B 5 herein) once those new customers may later become part of a structured customer group.
5. An additional payment of $5 per each new customer payable to who signs the new customer to the 12 month contract. The cold call phone call agent may do this if he/she chooses and then the phone call agent would arrange (by posting or preferably emailing contract and its return). Alternatively the hone agent can forfeit this commission and pass the actual sign up process to the team leader or manager (and team leader can themselves pass this sign up action to manager if they decide) to complete the sign up. This $ 5 payment is to be made to the actual person who effects or arranges the sign up.
6. There shall be a $5 additional success fee commission payable, in addition to the commissions set out in clauses above, being due and payable for each new customer signed up for 12 months (refer to clause 5 herein, as it might not be cold call phone agent who does actual sign up…but no commission becomes due until sign up is done and actual first months cash is in and as set out elsewhere herein) who have been introduced by a success fee phone agent; payable if the new customer is and remains a customer after 7 months of continuous water supply by Heartland Springs. It is permissible for the cold call agent to phone the new customer around the 5th or 6th moth to check they are happy with their water supplies, and to advise Heartland Springs of any challenges.
7. There shall be another $5 additional success fee commission payable, in addition to the commissions set out in clauses above, being due and payable for each new customer signed up for 12 months (refer to clause 5 herein, as it might not be cold call phone agent who does actual sign up…but no commission becomes due until sign up is done and actual first months cash is in and as set out elsewhere herein) AND this payment is to be made to the actual persons who finalised the sign up of the new customer contract (which could be the phone agent or the team leader or the manager); payable if the new customer is and remains a customer after 7 months of continuous water supply by Heartland Springs. It is permissible for the cold call agent to phone the new customer around the 5th or 6th moth to check they are happy with their water supplies, and to advise Heartland Springs of any challenges.
C. COLD-CALLING TO POTENTIAL CLIENTS’ HOMES - By success fee home-visit agents
1. Success Fee Commission
Success fee paid to Heartland Springs home-visit agents = $20 per new customer signed up for 12 months*(note the cold call home agent must do the actual contract sign up) - if customer is a random person in a random area
2. Increase home visits success fee from $20 to $30 per new customer signed up for 12 months*(note the cold call home agent must do the actual contract sign up) - if and only if the new customer is a person/home who is a part of a
‘structured group of 10 or more customers’.
3. To be clear, the first persons/homes contracted in any group by cold call home visit contact are at a $20 success fee commission per new customer signed up for 12 months – but where the new customer is a part of a group of 10 customers in a structured customer group (as defined above) and which satisfy the definition above (no matter who signs the parties who become a structured group) then from that time forth all new homes within that structured group will earn a commission of $30 (not $20) per new customer signed up for 12 months.
4 For further clarity, once an agent has accrued or been paid commissions on the basis set out in clause C 1-3 above, then there shall thereafter be no additional payment (except for as set out in clause C 5 herein) once those new customers may later become part of a structured customer group.
5 There shall be a $20 additional success fee commission payable, in addition to the commissions set out in clauses above, being due and payable for each new customer signed up for 12 months by a success fee home-visit agents, whereby the new customer is and remains a customer after 7 months of continuous water supply by Heartland Springs.
D. ADDED BONUSES – Trip for week to Pacific Island
1. The 2 most successful cold call phone agents and 1 other cold call phone agent in the top 13 sales list (the latter selected by chance from a hat draw between the 3rd to 13th most successful phone sales agents) shall be invited to attend a 1 week trip/retreat/conference (travel and basic accommodation and 2 meals a day paid by us) to a Pacific Island location selected by Heartland Springs. ...this being subject to the level of overall customers being at pre agreed minimm.
2. In addition the 2 most successful cold call home visit agents and 1 other cold call home visit agent in the top 13 sales list (the latter selected by chance from a hat draw between the 3rd to 13th most successful home visit sales agents) shall be invited to attend a 1 week trip/retreat/conference (travel and basic accommodation and 2 meals a day paid by us) to a Pacific Island location selected by Heartland Springs.
3. In addition, and not to be included in the count for the above 2 categories of bonus winners, the overall manager (and more than one, if there is more than one) AND the team leader of the most successful team in each of cold call phone sales and cold call home visit sales (2 team leaders) shall also be included on this trip/retreat/conference. Should any of these persons have earned a bonus trip by way of their own personal sales achievements, as set out in clauses 1 or 2 above, then their place in the bonus award listing shall be taken by the next most successful agent on the respective list.
4. In addition the 5 most successful franchisees will also be invited on this trip, as will the 2 most successful client referral persons and 1 other client referral person drawn by lot from the top 13 client referral people in the 12 months before the attendees are invited. Also 2 people working part time or full time in/for Heartland Springs who have contributed the most hours towards this project in the prior 12 months will be invited, and 2 more additional people who in the opinion of Heartland Springs have contributed in a positive manner to the success of this venture in the prior year will also be invited.
5. If any invitee declines to attend, the opportunity is lost to that invitee and no $ compensation is to be provided in lieu of that invite. Instead, then, the next most successful cold call agent(s) will be invited in lieu of those not accepting this offer.
6. A partner of a cold call agent or invitee may also attend this retreat, but in that event the partner is to pay for all extra costs of travel, accommodation and food as will be incurred by their attendance. The partner will not be expected to attend the conference part of the retreat, but they may if interested do so.
7. These retreats will include each day about 3 hours of conference activity related to Heartland Springs, with the rest of each day and evening being free time. In some cases localised excursions will be arranged at the cost of heartland Springs for those interested.
8. It is anticipated that if sales levels exceed the minimum for this bonus system to apply, the first such trip/retreat/conference will be held in Western Samoa, in the period between April and June 2016.
9. NOTE: There will be no invitation extended to any cold call phone agent or their team leader or manager, unless all cold call phone agents have collectively in a one year period (or pro-rated at this one year rate, if the first trip is before the end of a one year period) introduced at least 600 new 12 month customers for Heartland Springs water sales in a 12 month period- this being on average a minimum of 50 new customers per month from cold call phone agents.
10. Similarly, there will be no invitation extended to any cold call home visit agent or their team leader or manager, unless all cold call home visit agents have collectively in a one year period (or pro-rated at this one year rate, if the first trip is before the end of a one year period) introduced at least 600 new 12 month customers for Heartland Springs water sales in a 12 month period- this being on average a minimum of 50 new customers per month from cold call home visit agents.
1. We have enough water approved for sale (about 73 million litres per year) to service about 73,000 customers in our region (say with each customer using about 1,000 litres on average per year…. However we do not expect to reach this 73,000 customer target, our aims being to reduce all marketing activities when we reach about 20,000 customers.
2. Thereby, this opportunity to earn monies from cold calling will stop after the 20,000 customer target is reached. If we can achieve 208 new customers/week = 832 new customers/month= 4992 customers in 6 months = 9984 in 12 months. So to complete all cold calling activity in a year, we would need to average about 420 new customers per week from all marketing activity. If the above guesstimates are achieved by phone cold calling and home visit cold calling, then it may achieve a higher rate than 20,000 customers…either way, we will honour the above contract and payment details for the first 12 months….so it is up to the success of agents to determine if we exceed our budgeted customer levels in 12 months time.
3. We plan an extensive franchise operation to provide on-going water delivery services.
The following parties/person hereby acknowledge this agreement in the form it is now written and each acknowledge this agreement replaces all prior discussions or assurances.
Dated this…..day of …….2015
Signed…………………………………………………….Cold Call Agent
Signed……………………………………………………..Cold Call Manager